Currently Hiring – Office Manager/Program Assistant
United Way of Albany County
Position Description: Office Manager & Program Assistant
The employee will support the United Way of Albany County’s Mission, “United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community”. The United Way of Albany County is an independent not-for-profit corporation located in Laramie, Wyoming. Its mission is to improve lives by uniting people and resources.
The employee will demonstrate the ability to manage time, maintain a safe and clean work environment, practice confidentiality, treat all persons with respect and professional courtesy, accept change, accept and provide constructive feedback, and work as a team player. The employee must also demonstrate the competencies for their position and adhere to the policies and procedures of United Way of Albany County.
Office Manager/ Program Assistant job description
We’re looking for an office manager who has excellent organizational skills and a personable disposition to keep us thriving. The ideal candidate will have a variety of skills with a natural flexibility in handling multiple projects. The office manager will assist with managing organizational efficiency and program operations by providing reliable support. This person will also help us achieve a positive, educational, and inclusive work environment.
UWAC is committed to our staff’s wellness and to the professional development of our team. Benefits package includes flexible working schedule, paid time off, 401 K employer match, monthly health insurance stipend. Salary range $26,000 – $28,000 commensurate with experience.
Reporting Relationship: The Office Manager/Program Assistant reports to the Executive Director.
Objectives of this role
- Ensure peak operations for the organization and implement strategies for improvement.
- Implement and adhere to policies and procedures both in the office and for programs, measure outcomes against standards, and improve operational flow.
- Coordinate internal and external resources and cultivate relationships with donors and volunteers.
- Optimize operational efficiency by quickly and accurately adding to and maintaining quality data in our databases.
- Achieve organizational goals while adhering to best practices.
- Assist with program operations and administrative tasks.
- Ensure office efficiency by maintaining, organizing and communicating procedures, handling correspondence, managing file systems (both print and digital), and overseeing supplies.
- Fulfill day-to-day office activities and light receptionist duties.
- Provide direct administrative and program support as needed, including scheduling/planning presentations, meetings, and events; maintaining file systems; ordering campaign and other program print materials; updating the donor database and employee/board lists and schedules.
- Oversee and maintain office equipment for uninterrupted function, identify needs and acquire supplies, and coordinate food deliveries for meetings and tours as requested.
- Process donor payments and deposits.
- Input donation data in database and generate donor communications (Thank you’s, receipts, reminders/invoices).
- Review donor data for errors or redundancies and make corrections.
- Assist Executive Director with donor and financial reports.
- Supervise interns and AmeriCorps and oversee their projects.
- Consolidate allocation reporting data and create manual reports.
- Support multiple program logistics and operations, including recruiting and training of volunteers; updating website and posting to social media platforms; using various tracking systems, and help with expansion and development of current and future programs.
- Oversee and maintain master project/program calendar for organization, this also includes admin and financial tasks.
- Assist with marketing efforts as needed.
Required skills and qualifications
- One or more years of experience in office management or database management.
- Strong time-management and people skills, high degree of flexibility and multitasking ability.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications, and aptitude for learning new software and systems.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work with diverse constituency.
- Independent, self-starter.
- Valid driver’s license and use of own vehicle (with valid insurance coverage) for agency business.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company and donor information.
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with CRM software
- Knowledge of accounting practices
- Experience in developing internal processes and filing systems
- Advanced computer skills and experience with online platforms
- Experience with design for print and electronic media
- Knowledge of community
- Previous nonprofit experience is a plus
How to Apply
Apply through Handshake or Indeed or email your cover letter and resume to Anna Cramer, Executive Director of United Way of Albany County at firstname.lastname@example.org