VITA- Free Tax Preparation
FREE TAX PREP CLINIC
Sessions start February 1st and run until April 12th
By scheduled appointment and limited walk-in
Due to higher than usual demand, appointments can now be booked 3 weeks in advance
- Wednesdays 4PM-8PM
- Saturdays 9AM-1PM
- Laramie Plains Civic Center (710 E. Garfield St)
- South Gym at the Civic Center.
- Please enter through the double doors on Custer St.
- This is a free tax preparation for individuals and families
- Household income must be $60,000 or less
- Returns are private and confidential. Most can be e-filed for the quickest possible refund, usually in 4-8 weeks.
- Sessions will be every Wednesday from 4-8 pm and every Saturday from 9am-1pm in the South Gym between February 1st and April 12th.
- We can also prepare out-of-state, past year, and amended tax returns.
- Use the booking calendar below to schedule your appointment- All appointments are in person and can only be scheduled 3 weeks ahead of time.
Bring with you:
- W2 forms and any other relevant wage and earning statements
- Social security number/dates of birth for all household members
- Relevant tax documents including:
- Copy of latest tax return
- 6419 (child tax credit)
- Health insurance exemption certificate if received, 1095-A,B,C, health coverage statements
- Total paid for daycare provider and daycare provider’s tax identifying #
- If filing a Married-Filing-joint tax return electronically, both spouses must be present to sign required forms
- Proof of foreign status if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse, and dependents on the tax return
- 2 forms of ID (Examples: Drivers license, passport, social security card, permanent resident card, US citizen ID card, voter registration card, etc)
If you need assistance with any tax problems or disputes, we recommend contacting the University of Wyoming Low Income Taxpayer Clinic (LITC) at 307-766-6114 or toll free at 833-719-2490. Their website is www.uwyo.edu/litc
Please use the following form to book an appointment.
Due to higher than usual demand, bookings can now be made 3 weeks/21 days in advance.
Appointments are available Wednesdays and Saturdays
(if no appointments are opening on the calendar then all time slots are booked for the current 3 weeks).