VITA- Free Tax Preparation
Our last VITA (free tax prep) session for this year was April 13th.
If you still need to file taxes you can visit United Way’s MyFreeTaxes.com
See you next year!
FREE TAX PREP CLINIC
Sessions start February 2nd and run until April 13th
By scheduled appointment only
FACE COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED
- Laramie Plains Civic Center (710 E. Garfield St)
- Wednesdays– Conference room #208 on the 2nd floor of the Civic Center. Please SE entrance for handicap accessibility.
- Saturdays– South Gym at the Civic Center. Please enter through the double doors on Custer St.
- This is a free tax preparation for individuals and families
- Household income must be $60,000 or less
- Returns are private and confidential. Most can be e-filed for the quickest possible refund, usually in 4-8 weeks.
- Sessions will be every Wednesday from 4-8 pm (in the conference room on the 2nd floor), and every Saturday (south gym) from 9am-1pm between February 2nd and April 13th
- Sessions will be socially distanced and take place in the South Gym/Lobby area of the Laramie Plains Civic Center on Saturdays and in the 2nd floor conference room on Wednesdays. The Civic Center is located at 710 E. Garfield St. Please enter through the double doors on Custer street.
- We can also prepare out-of-state, past year, and amended tax returns.
- We will be following the WHO and CDC mask recommendations for all person’s to wear a mask while in public spaces.
- Use the booking calendar below to schedule your appointment- All appointments are in person and can only be scheduled 2 weeks ahead of time.
Bring with you:
- W2 forms
- Social security number/dates of birth for all household members
- Other relevant tax documents including 1099s, 1098s, your latest tax return, and the new 6419 (child tax credit).
- 2 forms of ID (Examples: Drivers license, passport, social security card, permanent resident card, US citizen ID card, voter registration card, etc)
- Face covering to wear during appointment
Please use the following form to book an appointment.
Bookings can only be made 2 weeks/14 days in advance.
Appointments are available Wednesdays and Saturdays