United Way of Albany County offers free tax preparation by trained tax preparers to households with incomes of $60,000 or less.
- What – Free tax preparation for individuals and families.
- Who – Households with incomes of $60,000 or less
- Why – Returns are private and confidential. Most can be e-filed for a quick refund, usually within five days.
- Where – Albany County Public Library; 310 S. 8th St.; Laramie, WY
What Should I Bring With Me?
- W2 forms
- Social Security Numbers/Dates of Birth for all household members
- Other relevant tax forms (1099, 1098, etc)
- A copy of your 2013 Tax Return (if possible)
When Can I Have My Taxes Prepared?
Here is a schedule for our tax clinics. You can copy these events to your calendar by clicking the green “Tax Prep” links and copying to your own calendar.
Past Year Return Preparation
If you need to have a past-year return prepared and filed, please email Paul Heimer at the United Way of Albany County. Paul can help you file past-year returns, amended returns. This service is available by appointment only.
Information for Tax Preparers
If you are interested in helping with the UWAC Tax Program, please email Paul Heimer for more information.